Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Blessings

Maybe it's from seeing everyone else' gratitude posts on Facebook. Maybe it's because I'm super hormonal right now. Or maybe it's something else. But today my heart just feels so full and I want to write it down or else it might explode.

In case you missed it, here is our Halloween/Pregnancy announcement video. It's pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

So, yeah, we are expecting! Baby #2 is due May 16th, and we will find out the gender in about a month. My OB is guessing a girl by how fast the heartbeat sounds, and since I've felt a little better this pregnancy than Caleb's, that sort of how I'm leaning too. But seriously, we will be surprised and thrilled no matter what. We just want a healthy baby. I'm 13 weeks pregnant, and I'm still barfing about once a day, but that just means the baby is still in there, and that's a very good thing. We   shamelessly watch lots of TV to survive the nausea. I'm thinking of making a little comic book series of what life is like being pregnant while taking care of a toddler--it's hilariously sad. Like when I'm barfing my guts out, Caleb thinks it's a great opportunity for a piggyback ride. And he's become very talented at imitating barfing noises and saying, "Mommy big sick!" Loads of fun, let me tell you. But that's all okay. If nausea is my big trial right now, then I am a blessed woman indeed.

Caleb turns 2 in just a couple weeks. I'm so excited. He is such a delightful, bright, funny, energetic little boy. He is just so perfect for our family. He is totally transitioned into his big boy bed and does a very good job of staying put. He still usually naps in his crib, as the daylight really confuses him and makes him think it's still playtime. He constantly talks and the things that come out of his mouth are just hilarious. He uses the word "big" to express "very" or "a lot." If he sees Brent or me undressing to go hop in the shower he gets excited and goes, "Mommy/Daddy big naked!!!!" He also always says, "I love you big Mommy!!" We thought he was conveying our size for awhile, but now we have learned that he is expressing how much he loves us. Total heart melt right there. He loves music. He would rather watch the intro song to every kid show on repeat all day than watch the actual show. He picks up the lyrics to songs really fast. Now whenever I ask him if he wants a banana he goes, "Banonneeenighty-night and kiss me..." from "Dream a Little Dream of Me." Even though that song has nothing to do with bananas. Or maybe it does and we just haven't known it all this time. Sneaky Ella Fitzgerald....

We have started introducing the idea of potty training. He has no clue that I actually want him to pee in his toilet, but he sure gets excited that he receives M&M's for sitting on it! He also thinks his pull-ups are swim diapers and keeps asking to go swimming even though it's snowing outside. We had Brent show him how boys do it, and well, let's just say that was a bit of a comical disaster. Caleb wanted to, er, "play in the fountain" so to speak hahaha. I'm still laughing thinking about it.

I could rattle forever about Caleb, but I will exercise restraint until I write his birthday post.

I am just loving my calling as the ward choir director. We are getting ready for our Christmas program on top of our Thanksgiving song, and it's all going really well. We have had such an incredible turnout. Every week we have new people show up and it makes me so happy that I could cry. Last Sunday we almost ran out of seating, and had all our regulars been there we totally would have.

I am also convinced that I married the very best man I personally know. I know people don't like to read about mushy/braggy couple stuff, but this is my blog so neener neener. Brent is without guile. He is so service-minded that his actions always inspires me to do more. He is so dang smart, and really hard worker. PhD school has been challenging, but he keeps plowing forward in spite of it. He is always showing how important his family means to him. When he is home, he does the dishes, changes diapers, and takes out the trash so I don't have to, since the sights and smells of those chores are extremely nauseating for me. He is so kind and just good. He makes me laugh, and continues to court me three years into our marriage. I really did marry the catch of a lifetime.

I'm just feeling really grateful right now. I feel like my life is practically perfect. I love our house, I love our ward, and mostly I love the peace and joy that is around us. Happy early Thanksgiving everyone, and thank you for being my friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment