Monday, August 1, 2011

2/100: Ella


This is my sweet 3-year old niece! I love her to pieces and when I saw a photo of her, I knew I just had to do her portrait next. Since children are so bright, I thought it only appropriate to add lots of splashes of color to represent childhood. Oh, and it was so cute--when I was still only in the drawing stage of this piece, my sister and her family came over. I showed her (my sister) the picture I was working on, and she excitedly exclaimed, "My baby!" She showed Ella, and asked, "Ella, look! Do you know who this is?" Ella exclaimed, "That's ME!!!!" Then, throughout the whole night, she kept picking up the picture so she could look at it. It was adorable. 
For the piece itself, I used my most familiar medium (besides graphite)--acrylic. I then outlined most of it in ink. 

Things learned: depicting children is hard! Like, really hard! Also learned: keep paint bottles away from the piece...because one might just be covered with a lot of paint all over it and fall on the painting you've just painstakingly worked on... at least it came off pretty easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment