Wednesday, February 26, 2014

3 months



You are three months old, Caleb! A whole trimester in pregnancy terms. And boy do I enjoy you much more outside of my belly than in. Today we went to the Children's Museum at the Gateway with Grandma and Aunt Laura and your cousins, although I can't say you enjoyed it as much as they did, as you were preoccupied with eating most of the time. It was actually the first time I nursed you in public. Aunt Laura nursed baby Sam next to us. It was like our own little feeding party of four.

Boy you can eat. I nurse you and you are still hungry and so you guzzle 8 ounces of formula a half hour later. It's no wonder you are so hungry though, because you are so tall! At this rate, you will outgrow me by the time you are three years old. You are already showing signs of your daddy's height. Thank heavens you didn't inherit mine.

Sleeping through the night consistently is a talent you have yet to develop, but your frequent smiles make up for it. Who wouldn't fall in love with those dimples? Everyone comments on how cute you are, and well, you really are the cutest baby I have ever laid eyes on if I do say so myself. Those big, dark bright eyes really do sparkle, and they are definitely brown, as we thought they would be.

You coo often now, and your motor skills are improving, much to your parents' delight...except when you grab onto Mommy's hair. We will have to work on that. You can hold up your head really well now too! Bath time continues to be a pleasure for all involved and we are now incorporating that into our nightly routine now that your skin isn't getting quite so dry (special thanks to the baby lotion).

Your daddy loves you. Oh how he loves you. He loves picking out your outfits and changing your diaper, because, amazingly, you seem to be the most pleasant and full of smiles during those activities. You are starting to have hints of a laugh when you get excited. We are working on coaxing that out of you, and it is sure fun. You also slobber a lot now, and enjoy making spit bubbles. Just grow out if that before you turn four...it might not be as cute then. Four years old that is.

We love seeing you grow and reach new milestones. You can roll over from your tummy yo your back, and you can almost go from back to tummy--you insist on laying on your side as soon as we lay you in your crib for bedtime. I will admit that I am nervous for the crawling milestone--it's nice for me to run and do the laundry or dishes and know that you won't wander off of your playmat...although you can rotate 180 degrees on it. You are quite the wiggle worm. That playmat was a great idea by the way. You LOVE grabbing at the rings hanging off of it. The bouncer is another fun place, but that plastic lion is just too elusive for you to grab. You'll get it one day, kiddo.

I love singing to you. Sometimes you smile when I do, so I don't think I will stop. Yesterday we went spent time sitting in the backyard for the first time because it finally warm enough to do so. You didn't really like it at first because it was too warm and bright, but you got used to it eventually. I expect we will spend a lot of time out there to escape our gopher hole basement apartment.


Remember that time that you had your biggest diaper explosion yet? That was last week. Too bad I was holding you in just my underwear when that happened. I didn't even know you could hold that much poop in you, by the way. Truly impressive. The washing machine told me so.

Three months old. That's like, .25 years in people years.

Don't grow up too fast little dude.



No comments:

Post a Comment