Tuesday, March 15, 2011

#21: Selective hearing? Try selective eyesight.

You know how every once in awhile you do something dumb that your friends or family make sure you never forget? This is one of those stories. It's not very long, but my family still gets a kick out of it.

One night, I'm not sure how old I was, 14-16 maybe? we decided to order pizza for dinner. I'm not sure from where, but whichever place it was, at the time it was going for a new funds booster by selling NEW TWISTED CRUST PIZZA!!! And to be sure that we all knew about it, printed on the top of each pizza box in big bold letters were the words: NEW TWISTED CRUST!

One of my siblings read it aloud semi-jokingly, "Oh look, twisted crust!"

Me: "Where?"

Family: "Right there. On the box."

I looked at the box. Then looked at the sides of the box.

Me: "Where? I don't see it."

Family: "Angela, it's right there on the box!"

I looked again. Still couldn't see it. I think I even lifted up the box and looked under it. I honestly had no clue where they were looking. My family members were now having mixed reactions of laughing or shaking their heads at my utter stupidity. I never saw it. We ate all that pizza and I still never saw the stupid "Twisted Crust." How long do you spend eating pizza? Twenty minutes? Yeah, twenty minutes of that dang label staring me in the face...and to this day, I still don't know where exactly those words were written. Yep. That moment right there could represent so many hundreds of similar moments that happened to me from birth to age 21. I must have reverse tunnel vision.

Every now and then, when we order pizza, a family member who thinks they're just oh-so-funny will exclaim, "Oh, hey, look! This pizza has twisted crust!" Thanks for the reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment