Tuesday, March 15, 2011

5K for Benjie!!

You guys--I did something I have never done before, and something that is really hard for me: a 5K! It was the Rex Lee Run for cancer research. You had the option of sponsoring the name of a cancer fighter, so of course I had to do it for Benjie Dobson, who was the inspiration of this blog and its title (see my very first post for details.) We put "BD" (her initials) on our cheeks along with hearts, put pink streaks in our hair (for Benjie of course!) and on our sleeves wrote the names of every person we knew personally that had fought cancer. Pink for those we lost, and green (life) for those who conquered it. Kathryn and Daniel did it with me and our goal was just to beat the two guys that had dressed up in huge sumo wrestler costumes...which we did. :) However, the winner of the 10K (which started 15 minutes later) totally beat us. Haha. That's ok. I didn't do it to race. I did it for myself, to prove to myself that I could do hard things, and for Benjie.


No comments:

Post a Comment