Thursday, July 7, 2011

#32: FD: At a Football Game

Although I am not a huge sports fan, my freshman year of college I faithfully went to every BYU football game. Did I understand the game? Nooooo. But it was fun to hang out with friends/family if anything.

One game, I went with some friends. They were sitting up in the middle of the bleachers, and for some reason I was on the bottom...I think I had dropped something and had to go down several rows to get it. Or maybe I was coming back from the bathroom. I don't remember. But anyway, I got this bright idea of running back up the bleachers.

I forgot that my shoes had exactly ZERO traction.

I think when I got to the third bleacher my legs completely swiveled out from under me and I SMASHED to the bench. In front of everyone. I looked up from my pathetic position and made eye contact with my friend Julie B and we both started laughing hysterically. I'm sure the people I had landed by thought I was suffering from cranial damage. I gathered myself together and made it back to my seat, with a sore leg and smaller ego.

The next day, I had the biggest bruise I have EVER obtained on the side of my right knee. Oh man what a pretty purple it was. It was so impressive, especially as it began to to make swirly yellowish colors that my sister took a picture of it on her phone and sent it to her husband. Unfortunately, that photo is gone, otherwise I'd post it here.

Moral: 1) Don't run up bleachers. 2) traction on shoes is a good thing. 3) save all pictures :)

1 comment:

  1. I used to have a picture on my phone...but Andrew has that phone now....and he deleted all the pictures :( Sad...

    ReplyDelete