Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Announcement!

Before any rumors fly, NO I am not engaged (or close.) And that's fine. But I wanted to announce the new project I am starting on: The 100/100 Concept. Inspired by the movie Julie & Julia, I have decided that I am going to artistically create one portrait each week for the next one hundred weeks. That is almost two years. Each Sunday night I will post a picture of the portrait created that week in this blog. I will still occasionally write about an embarrassing moment, but as I am almost out of those stories (or at least the best ones), I regret to say that those will occur less frequently.




Now, for the 100/100 Concept, I will for the most part depict only people that I know personally. Now here's where it gets interesting for you--I will occasionally have "Drawing Drawings"--raffles in which you can submit your name and hope have your name drawn to get your face drawn for the next week's portrait. These raffles will be announced mostly via my blog. I will be using different mediums and styles...basically this is a creative exploration. And it will be awesome. :D

So peeps, get excited. Because the first one begins THIS Sunday. :D :D :D :D :D (Can you tell I'm excited? We'll see how excited I am in a year! ha!)

Anyway, I know it's not as exciting as getting married or having a baby, but since those things won't be happening any time soon, I want to make the most out of the things I've been given, and this seemed like a pretty good way to do it. :) And I'm open to ideas if you've got them! Love ya all!

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you still owe me a scratch board picture of something musical....yep...pretty much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait, you little creative genius.

    ReplyDelete