Sunday, February 6, 2011

#13: Fall Documentation (AKA: F.D.)

I have tripped, fallen, or completely eaten it more times than I can remember. I will refer to these moments as F.D.'s--Fall Documentation. They will be short blurbs for a quick laugh and humorous mental visuals. There won't be any specific order to them...just whichever one I feel like writing about at the time.




Location: 9th East
Date: winter semester 2008

Scenario: I have just finished classes and stopped by the Creamery on 9th to get some groceries. Unfortunately, the block between my apartment and the Creamery has been neglected by the sidewalk salter man. Sidewalks are slick and thick with ice. My California sneakers have zero traction. The light has inconveniently turned red, which means there are lots of cars stopped. With groceries in one hand, and my art kit in the other, my zero-traction shoes hit a piece of ice smoother than a recently zambonied ice rink. I'm down on my knees in the blink of an eye in front of all of the stopped traffic. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment