Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween and Another Ultrasound

So, our Halloween this year was sort of lame. Especially because Hubster and I really really really like Halloween. But we got more of a trick than a treat this year because my poor sweetie had to have a minor surgery today, and so most of his afternoon and evening was spent in the horizontal position. And our ward decided to be mega lame and not do anything for Halloween. And we live in a basement apartment, so trick-or-treaters are unaware of our existence.

But that's okay. Hubbie's brother was awesome and brought him some Little Caesar's to cheer him up and we got to see his awesome get-up as Mr. Frederickson from Up, complete with a grape soda pin, walker with tennis balls, and a framed picture of Ellie. And then we watched Clue. Because that movie is awesome. And tomorrow all of the Halloween candy will be on sale, so you can bet that this pregnant gal is getting her sugar fix and pampering her man with chocolatey goodness.

And you know what--NEXT Halloween is going to be the BEST Halloween ever, because we will have our own little trick-or-treater to dress up, and he won't be old enough to have an opinion of what he wants to be, so we will get to plan some genius family costume. And I will get to eat the greater part of his candy hoard. Muahahaha.

Anyway, yesterday I had my fourth, yes fourth, ultrasound. I have low-lying placenta, which means if it doesn't move out of the way, I will need a C-section. Otherwise I could bleed to death during delivery. Nothing big. Right now we still aren't sure what is going to happen, because it is right on the borderline of where it needs to be. But honestly, as long as we end up with a healthy baby, I don't really mind how he gets here.

Oh, we also found out that our little man already weighs 7 pounds 1 ounce according to the ultrasound. This kid is a monster. That's already heavier than my birth weight, and I still have a month to go! Yikes. If this guy comes on his due date, he will seriously weigh at least 9 pounds. Merciful heavens. I am praying that he comes just a little bit early.

Happy Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment