Sunday, January 9, 2011

1st week of School in over a year and a half

Well! I don't like having all of my posts be about my life and doings, but like to also write about things to get you thinking, but since this was a sort of epic part of my life, I thought I'd do a little post.

So, I survived my first week back at school. Coming back from the mission, I heart-breakingly decided to not apply to the Bachelor of Fine Arts program, and to pursue a psychology minor instead, which would help me with getting into my desired Master's program of Art Therapy. My career options are Plan A: Art Therapist (yes, such a job exists), and if that doesn't work out, Plan B: Art Teacher for junior high or high school. So, right now I'm majoring in Art ed with a Psych minor. After this week, I have NO regrets. I absolutely am fascinated with my classes (probably partly from being educationally deprived for so long). I also figure I don't need a degree in art to be an artist, and art classes are always available, whether or not I'm in college. So, I'll still be keeping up my artistic pursuits.

Ummmm....oh I had an AWESOME Christmas break. Paintballing...helicopter ride over the ocean and hundreds of dolphins...some excellent dates if I say so myself...eating the best food of my life in Beverly Hills for my parents' 30th anniversary, and seeing my whole family for the first time in 2 years. My niece and nephews are SOOOO cute. Being an aunt is the best. Pretty much. :)

Aaaanyway, that's it for now. Toodles.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad everything is working out for you so far! It was sure fun being with all of you for Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete