Wednesday, April 13, 2011

#27: Why I will never look at FHE the same way again

So, once upon a time I used to work at the magical place known as the Creamery on Ninth as a cashier. It wasn't the most ideal job, but I had a great time and worked with awesome people that became my Creamery "family."

One day, one of my recently married co-workers, Zach the produce stocker, was making a purchase through my register at the end of his work shift. He was purchasing items for sushi, and casually mentioned that they were for FHE (Family Home Evening--a night when the family gets together, and usually consists of having some kind of lesson, usually a spiritual one, and an activity).

The following short conversation ensued:


me: "So...since you're married, do you guys do FHE with other married couples in a group, or do you just have it between you two?"


Zach: "Oh, we just do it by ourselves. Which is great, because some nights for FHE we'll look at each other and say, 'Want to have sex? OKAY!!' "


 I think my face went from peach to cherry red in under 2 seconds. When he left, I couldn't stop laughing.

The next time Zach and I had coordinating shifts, he approached me and profusely apologized for having made such an awkward situation. I just told him to not worry about it, that I thought it was hilarious.

I still think it is. And I guess I have a new FHE activity to stow away for the records after I'm married.

1 comment:

  1. heheh, I like this post! And I agree with Zach! Its funny how many things you might never think apply as FHE, but as long as you both agree, you can do anything and call it FHE... like have sex! or watch a movie, or have a conversation, or agree to do nothing!! Its great. You don't have to plan anything if you don't want to.

    ReplyDelete